Posted by – August 5, 2011
For small businesses, the internet has been a massively influential tool. It helps build a fan base, creates sales and provides a hub of activity. The chances are that the internet will continue to grow and maintain its impact for a long time, so the best thing to do is understand how it works. And one of the best methods of helping grow your company online is by using small business SEO (search engine optimization) techniques.
Firstly, let’s understand what SEO really is. When you search on Google, the large majority of the time you will just click the top links and ignore the second and third pages. But have you ever considered why these links are at the top? It’s mainly because they have used SEO to help them connect with the Google bots that search the web. Though, it can also come down to the size of your company. For example, if you type in ‘the sun’, theoretically information on the sun should appear. But it’s actually the newspaper which tops the list.
Google uses what’s known as Googlebots to help it cover every website possible. It looks through billions of pages to find new and updated material that can be added to the search engines, and may only need a couple of days to find your articles. One of the main ways for the Googlebot to find your website is through links, and having websites link to you is a great start for maximizing your SEO. Read the rest of this article
Posted by – June 22, 2011
If you are marketing through an online website for your small business, it may be a good idea to hire a content writer. Content writers can help expand the collection of articles on your website. If you don’t have articles on your website, hiring content writers to write articles can draw a lot of traffic to your website. Consider the following when looking for content writers to hire:
- Your content writer should be familiar with search engine optimization (SEO) techniques. SEO formatting is the specific way articles are written to help boost your rankings with search engines.
- Ask for a portfolio and list of references. Good content writers should have some sort of portfolio put together demonstrating their skills. They should also have references you can call to double-check their writing abilities.
- There are different types of content writers including: copywriters, SEO companies/firms, online bloggers or link builders. Research what type of writer will best suit your company’s needs.
- Find out how quickly they can write. A good writer should be able to write a compelling and factually-based article within a specific deadline.
- As about their rates. Like a writer’s abilities, a writer’s rate varies from person-to-person. If you’re not looking to spend very much, consider hiring a journalism student. For typical rates, check out the Professional Writers Association of Canada pay rate guide.
For your small business needs, contact the Winflow Financial Group at 1.800.956.6897.
With rapid advancements in technology, getting your business on the web is essential. You can use the Internet to gain the following advantages within your business:
- Business to business (B2B) commerce. B2B activities include purchasing materials online, cooperating with other businesses and leveraging your online presence.
- Internet marketing. You can do a lot of your marketing online these days by using strategies such as search engine optimization (SEO), publishing on third-party websites, running corporate blogs like this one or online advertising models.
- Human resources management. By posting job opportunities within your company online you’re likely to get higher response volumes which could mean more qualified employees.
- Online sales. Setting up a way to sell products from your site is ideal for any business big or small.
- Intranet. Much like the Internet, the intranet is a network that communicates information to users within the network. The difference is the intranet is used for communication within your company. Utilizing this technique can allow you to coordinate internal company operations and increase the speed that information is delivered within your business.
To learn more advantages that come with utilizing e-business, read this article. If you need assistance deciding how to best use the web to your advantage, contact the Winflow Financial Group. We can be reached at 1.800.956.6897.