Opportunities of meeting venture capitalists are precious for small business owners. As a small business owner, it is important to be well prepared for every meeting with potential investors. Here are several preparation tips that could help success in your presentation to private investors. Read the rest of this article
Tag: private equity
How to be an entrepreneur? How to be a successful entrepreneur? These basic yet difficult questions make many hesitate before starting their own businesses.
A right business idea gets you on the right track
You may feel that you are born to be an entrepreneur and have business ideas flash in your mind everyday. Read the rest of this article
The leading private equity firms earn a return that outweighs anything in the corporate sector. But this doesn’t only have to be the leading companies. They follow 5 simple methods that anyone can follow, helping your company gain higher returns.
- The best private equity firms own leaders that work like owners. They are backed by independent boards and make quick, precise decisions. They don’t hesitate to replace inadequate leaders of portfolio companies and act on educated impulses.
- The private equity professionals also have a clean vision of how they will gain value from portfolio companies. This may be over 3 to 5 years but every action is taken from a plan until the company meets its potential.
- With private equity companies relying on debt financing, they see cash as a scarce resource. This means that any companies falling behind will be cut off and new ways to maximize income are created.
- Private equity firms should always maintain an independent view. While acting as a demanding shareholder they can embrace an unsentimental approach to ownership, helping them concentrate on improving results.
- When the balanced scorecard was introduced a lot of companies measured a broad range of indicators. But though this can help in some aspects, it’s important not to get too carried away and keep things simple. Measure cash rather than earnings and rely on the simple dashboards.
For more advice on how to improve your financial position contact Winflow Financial Group.