If you are an Aboriginal business owner in Canada there are number of resources and funding available to you. Through the Aboriginal Business Canada program, small business owners can receive help developing business plans, securing non-repayable funds and accessing lenders if necessary. Funding available to Aboriginal business owners includes:
- Individual entrepreneurs can receive up to CAD$99, 999 worth of assistance if they qualify.
- You could receive up to CAD$1 million if you operate a community-owned business.
- Non-commercial projects like special events that cover Aboriginal entrepreneurship could have 100 percent of the costs covered.
- The amount of support you receive is determined by a number of factors including the need for financing, the scope of the project and what other funding options are available to you.
- You must offer equity in your business for the loan. It is usually between 10 to 15 percent of your company.
- Different projects get different percentages of funding. For example, you could get the costs of implementing marketing techniques subsidized by up to 60 percent.
If you are an Aboriginal business owner interested in ao funding from the Canadian government, read this guide.
For more articles on funding assistance please read the following:
- Pitching Your Business to a Venture Capitalist
- Necessary Documents for American Business Loans
- Canadian Government Financing Available to Small Businesses
- Private Funding for your Small Business
- Small Business Loans and Support in Hong Kong
To learn more about other funding options available to your small business, call the Winflow Financial Group at 1.800.956.6897.