Posted by – August 31, 2011
If you’re trying to find angel investors, it’s unlikely that they will fall in your lap. They don’t have name tags and they won’t slip a calling card in your pocket when you’re not looking. You have to go after them, and do it in a ruthless fashion. But when you know how, you’ll be able to find them no matter what city you’re in.
Some people are better than others when it comes to networking, but we all have friends, right? When you need to find angel investors ask every last friend you have if they know someone. The message will soon spread and before you know it someone somewhere will get your message. Read the rest of this article
Posted by – June 14, 2011
Though regarded as a thing of the past, tradeshows are making a comeback. Many small business owners believe the costs will be too great but leading experts are saying ateending tradeshows can be on the smartest things for your small business. This is because:
- Trade shows provide vaulable exposure for your small business. Even if you’re just attending, getting the company name out there can improve business.
- Trade shows are great place to network. You can meet prospective clients, suppliers and manufacturers at trade shows.
- Trade shows often offer demonstrations on the latest business technology. You can find the latest time-saving technologies to assist your business.
- Trade shows are a good way to learn about your competition or your market.
Making Trade Shows Work for your Small Business
Tradeshows are all about taking advantage. You want to get the most you can out of your time there. Here are some tips for optimizing your time at trade shows.
- Do some research ahead of time. Determine which tradeshow has the most to offer your small business. Make a plan of important events to attend.
- If you are participating in a trade show, plan ahead. Make travel arrangements and back-up plans beforehand to ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Offer to be a guest speaker if possible. You can get great exposure for your small business this way.
- Write a pitch for your business ahead of time and ensure employees manning the booth have practiced it.
To learn more about the advantages of trade shows read this Wall Street Journal small business article.
For your small business needs, contact the Winflow Financial Group.