TSX – 12,768.70
Dow – 11,613.53
S&P – 1,218.89
Nasdaq – 2,579.46
The Month End Rally
- A month end rally helped the market, pushing figures higher than expected. We predicted a 5% rise and it climbed to around 8%.
- Defensive stocks traded higher. Though banks and industrials were hit hard.
- Gold prices hit their highest rise, since 2009, in August. But announcements in the coming days may contribute to it slipping. These include the American job numbers. If they are good then many experts will choose stocks over gold.
- Don’t trust the month end rally though, as the next week will bring difficulties. Most people are away on holiday and the summer ends this week.
- Odds are that the market will fall, though this will depend on a number of circumstances. Read the rest of this article