In this age of social responsibility more consumers are turning to businesses that are eco-friendly. Going green isn’t just good for your business image, it’s good for your business expenses. Making your business more sustainable will decrease the amount you spend on operational costs. Some ways you can make your small business green include:
- Use email communication as much as possible and only print emails when necessary. You’ll save lots of trees. When it is necessary to print office documents utilize double-sided printing features.
- Replace your old equipment with new energy-efficient equipment. This means replacing your light bulbs, toilets and office equipment.
- Makes business transportation more green. Consider getting a hybrid vehicle as the company car to save on gas.
- If you package your products, make sure the packaging is recyclable and appropriately-sized. There is nothing worse than more packaging than product.
- Turn off your equipment when you’re not using it. The times I have looked up at high-rises during the middle of the night to find all of their lights on is overwhelming. Shut down everything before you leave and you’ll save on electricity costs.
For more information on making your small business green, read this USA Today article. You can also check out this Youtube interview with Eric Doyle, owner of Green Light Go LLC:
For your small business needs, contact the Winflow Financial Group.