Posted by – August 24, 2011
E-business risk is everywhere and it can severely damage your company reputation. But in this day and age not using internet technology would leave you falling behind the competition. So how do you get by and manage the potential e-business risks?
Image courtesy of espensorvik
In the most basic terms, e-business is using internet technology for your business. By using this, companies can reach out to more customers, speed up their services and create a better product. It’s an ever changing part of the industry, but learning how to use it isn’t the hardest part of e-business. One of the toughest aspects is keeping up with the progression. One of the e-business risks is being left behind, but by staying one step ahead of the industry you can use it to your advantage. Some of the examples of e-business are:
With rapid advancements in technology, getting your business on the web is essential. You can use the Internet to gain the following advantages within your business:
- Business to business (B2B) commerce. B2B activities include purchasing materials online, cooperating with other businesses and leveraging your online presence.
- Internet marketing. You can do a lot of your marketing online these days by using strategies such as search engine optimization (SEO), publishing on third-party websites, running corporate blogs like this one or online advertising models.
- Human resources management. By posting job opportunities within your company online you’re likely to get higher response volumes which could mean more qualified employees.
- Online sales. Setting up a way to sell products from your site is ideal for any business big or small.
- Intranet. Much like the Internet, the intranet is a network that communicates information to users within the network. The difference is the intranet is used for communication within your company. Utilizing this technique can allow you to coordinate internal company operations and increase the speed that information is delivered within your business.
To learn more advantages that come with utilizing e-business, read this article. If you need assistance deciding how to best use the web to your advantage, contact the Winflow Financial Group. We can be reached at 1.800.956.6897.