Some of the most successful companies have logos the entire commercialized world is aware of. Think of the Nike swoosh, the Twitter bird or McDonald’s golden arches. These symbols have become internationally recognized to represent a brand. Building a brand and creating a logo can be just as effective for small businesses. Consider the following when creating your own small business logo:
- Come up with something that can be easily reproduced. Once you have determined your company logo you are going to want to brand all of your products and advertisements with it so it is important that the logo is easy to reproduce for a number of different mediums.
- Remember that a logo doesn’t have to be an image. Companies like Coca Cola have trademarked the image of their name.
- Your logo should communicate the purpose and values of your business.
- Don’t use stock photography to create your logo because anyone can purchase the picture or symbol and use it for their own purposes.
- Consider your target market when designing your small business logo. It should appeal to your company’s market audience.