Face-to-face sales are made through good customer service. Customer loyalty is also maintained through customer service. Creating a customer service plan for employees to follow can greatly improve sales and keep your salespeople on task. When creating a customer service plan, consider the following:
- Instill the importance of answering phones and returning messages. With unlimited choices available, if your business is slow on returning calls or hard to contact, customers are likely to move onto another retailer.
- Underline the importance of reliability. Encourage your employees not to make promises they can’t keep. If they are too busy to complete a task for a customer they should delegate the responsibility to another employee.
- Set concrete rules for your employees. Don’t allow things like eating or drinking while on the phone and make sure your employees aren’t having conversations that are best saved for their personal time.
- Train your staff to be courteous. Politeness is underdeveloped trait these days, especially in large cities so never under-value the importance of politeness.
- Provide incentives for customers to return. Whether it’s an official coupon or an impromptu free service, consumers like deals and will keep coming back for them.
For your small business needs, contact the Winflow Financial Group at 1.800.956.6897.
At Winflow Financial Group, our consultants help entrepreneurs with our experience. Tell us about your business or investment today and find out how we can help your business save money and grow.